Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dessert

I love watching Food Network's "Chopped"

We watch it religiously here on the island.

So today, I had some of the leftover goat cheese from last night's dinner with David and Priscilla and decided to make a dessert with it.

You've seen how many goats we have here roaming the streets.

So I mixed the cheese with fresh guava juice and brown sugar.

I then hollowed out some pears, and boiled them in water, sugar, a raw cinnamon stick, and some fresh guavas.

Lastly, baked them in their own juice and stuffed them with the goat cheese.

We had them with this amazing ice cream on the side.






It was gerd ("good" in my Madea voice)...



3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Goat cheese is my very favorite but baked pears come in a close second. I wish we could get goat cheese here. This is making me hungry. :)

    Linka
    A Missionary's Life
    ilynca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Thanks for your kind comments! It's nice unofficially meeting you by the way. LOL

      How did you guys end up hearing about us poor folks on St. Kitts?

      Delete
  2. I am looking to move to Mexico later on this year to Pioneer and I have been browsing a few blogs recently. To be honest I haven't been feeling many of them. Just been reading yours and it's the first one I can relate to. Very encouraging to hear of how you gave up everything and moved and are struggling financially and Jehovah is carrying you cos I will be doing the same thing as I can't afford to go check the place out first. Entertaining blog, keep it up. Jehovah bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete